Friday, January 30, 2009

Monster Truck Rally

I went to my FIRST EVER Monster Truck Rally on Friday the 24th of January. It was LOUD and the exhaust was so thick that my eyes burned and my head hurt. I also decided that if I had not shaved the mullet off, then I would have fit in perfectly. I took a few pictures before I wondered out to the hallway surrounding the Expo Center to talk to people.

This HUGE trucks actually got pretty good air.

Super nice guy and his grandson with a Monster Truck backdrop

I just wanted to get a picture of this kid crying with his awesome headset, but as soon as I looked at him he stopped.

My new recruits! The lady said that her grandkids were more impressed meeting me than seeing the trucks. They have since told her that the only station they will listen to in the car is my country station here (www.myUS105.com).

You can't see it very well, but this kid has an awesome mo-hawk! I saw him as we were leaving and HAD to have a picture. Now that I have had a mullet (pictures to follow) that a mo-hawk is only the next logical step.

All in all the Monster Truck Rally was loud, smoggy, and fun to watch for about ten minutes. If you are a hunter of mullets like I have been before, you will LOVE it!

5 comments:

  1. Please........no Mohawk.........

    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I double dog dare you to get a mohawk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rodney,

    I am so glad you started a blog. I do look at them as often as I can. I will post when I can and let you know what I think. Love all the pictures and love that you are famous. About time someone in our family became famous.

    Love,

    Aunt Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rodney!

    Looks like a fun time! I've always wanted to attend a rally like that. Although I think a motorcycle rally might be more preferable to me...

    I'm with your Mom, no Mohawk :) Don't listen to Jeff; Older siblings try to talk you into doing some pretty silly things. I know, I am one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rodney! I went to a monster truck rally when I was little with no headphones...hmm I wonder if that affected me at all....

    Its good to be able to see whats going on with you ... what a fun job!

    ReplyDelete