Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Central Texas Has Talent

Well... I finally got to handle an event all on my own for the first time since I became Promotions Coordinator. Central Texas Has Talent is a Talent Show that we had at a local festival. It went off pretty well... No one got hurt, some really cool people participated and it didn't rain through our event.








Here is a picture of me being in charge...










This is all the Finalists. We had 25 register, and 12 made it to day 2.





This was a Christian Rapper called God-In-Todd... He was really good. 3rd Place






Cody Culp got 2nd place







Eric Landeros got 1st and was amazing. Great voice

However this was where it got interesting. I had a guy call me and tell me that he and his wife practice MARSHALL arts in their back yard and the would like to put on a demonstration for us as their talent. At that point I only had 3 entries, so I quickly agreed thinking that ANYONE on stage is better than no one... Boy... Sometimes decisions like that pay off in a BIG WAY and boy howdy... This talent of theirs was TRAGICALLY AWESOME!








Face paint, missing teeth, mohawks and swords... What more can a red-blooded Texan ask for!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment