Friday, February 20, 2009

The Glorious Mullet Experience

I realize that there are some of you that are not on Myspace, therefore didn't get the chance to experience the 'mullet phase' with me. I have always been an admirer of the glorious mullet haircut. I mean, what more can you say about it other than it exemplifies the American attitude of 'Business in the front, Party in the back'. I have always felt that the definition of a mullet kind of describes me. I can be extremely professional at work but leave that side of me behind after I leave the office to cut loose and have a great time. That being said I decided that for Halloween I would have a true American mullet. This took much planning you see. For a legitimate mullet one would have to grow their hair out for an extended period of time. I grew my hair out for four months so that it would be long enough int he back for it to be considered a true mullet. Then the glorious day of the mullet began!


I did draw in the 'chops' a little bit so that it added a little emphasis to my outfit...



It was a great and wonderful day!



I wish I could say that I had been drinking, but this was a completely lucid idea...



Chuckin' the deuce...

All in all the Glorious Mullet Experience was all that I could hope that it would have been. I went to work that Friday with the Mullet, got a few laughs, and even made a trip to Wal-Mart with the mullet where amazingly enough I felt like I fit in for the first time ever in a small town Wal-Mart. If only there was a nascar race that weekend and I had been able to go... maybe next time!

3 comments:

  1. You just made my heart skip a beat! You said "next time", which gives me hope that one day I might be able to once again gaze at the beauty of the mullet... Ahhh... the memories come flooding back... I couldn't break my stare... I couldn't stop smiling... secretly I wanted one myself.... and the chops... Ohhh the chops... I had never been prouder! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's just let the memories of the Mullet stay that way.......in our memories......

    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. boy ... that is something else. something you might definitely save for the memories

    ReplyDelete