Thursday, February 5, 2009

I went to the Disturbed Concert at the Bell County Expo Center on Tuesday and took some pictures of the people in line and talked to them for a while. It was fun. I could have gone to the concert but really felt no need to go to see Disturbed, Sevendust, and Skindred when I had no idea of any songs that they play that I like. I wasn't even going to go out there at all but in the end had to help out a friend and take some supplies out to the Eagle van to help set up the music. I wondered up to the line of people waiting to get in and asked how long they had been waiting... and the first two in line had been waiting since NOON. I didn't get there till 5:30... So I thought for their perseverance they should go on my blog...

In casual conversation I asked them what they do... The girl is a 'Housewife' meaning she is unemployed, and the guy told me his job was 'Professional Cagefighter'... I felt the need to upstage him at that point and the only thing I could mumble out that I could think of that sounded cooler was that I was a 'Shark Hunter that Sky Dived'. I mean seriously, whats cooler than being able to say you are a cagefighter.

As I stood there talking to the two people in the front of the line, I noticed the guy to their left and the fact that the girls to his left were refering to him as 'statue man'. My keen sense of observation realized about ten minutes later that is was because he did not move or talk... I wanted to get him out of his shell.

So using the awesome power of peer pressure I got him to pretend he was a statue in a running man position. It was everything that I hoped and dreamed it would be...

These are the three girls behind him... The one in the front threatened to steal my camera, the one on the right threatened to cut me and steal my hat, and the one on the left didn't have to threaten me because I was already scared of her... A wonderful concert like Disturbed, Sevendust, and Skindred really manages to bring out the best that Bell County has to offer...

This a zoomed in picture of eagle van... For those of you with really good eyesight you will notice that the white van that you see is actually our competitors van parked between the eagle van and the line because they guy who was out there refused to park on the curb like SOMEONE told him to do. But its okay, he didn't want to get in trouble and get thrown in the Bell County Expo jail... grrrrr... Oh well... win some lose some...


Overall I had a great time going out and talking to people that I normally wouldn't get to talk to, but was very thankful that I went home and changed out of my dress shirt and slacks and actually managed to make it out of there without getting mugged or stabbed. All in all it was a good time. I also saved a few of the sensitive tiny hairs in my ears that help pick up sound by not going inside to the concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment